Monday, August 15, 2011

Follow The Script - Interview

 

1. For Those Who May Not Know Already. Who Is Follow The Script? And What Do You Do?
 Follow The Script Multimedia is a company formed by Kwasi Fraser aka Steven Spill-Bro. I'm a Director of Photography and video editor. FTSMM produces everything from a full feature films to documentaries. We specialize in special fx's and CGI also. Quality over quantity. Right now we're shooting a lot of music videos for such artist as Willie B.,Industry Ready V, Young Bruno, Johnny "Jaguar" Kash, and others. We also work very closely with music producers, writers, models, etc. We're basically a one stop shop. We can write and produce your song then film the video. One thing I want to get straight is we're not paparazzi. Nothing against those film crews though but we're in a different lane.

2. What Is The Most Important Step In Producing A Good Music Video?
Well with how I approach things the most important step is preparation. Try to be prepared for everything. Try to see all your locations before shooting. This is usually impossible due to the gorilla style of shooting now days but if you can do it. Also with preparation comes investments. You could be a beast behind the camera but if don't have the tools it's all in vein. Knowledge is the key. Some people think just because they got a 7D or some other camera that they could film. Understand what your camera can and can't do. Study your craft.
 
3. If You Had A Pick At Any 3 Major Artist To Shoot A Music Video For. Who Would You Choose To Shoot?
Not really into alot of major rap artist. But I would love to do a video for Keri Hilson, Neyo, and Erykah Badu

4. When Did You Realize You Wanted To Be A Video Director?
I've produced music for years. I've rapped, performed, etc. About 2 yrs ago I started working with Industry Ready V and produced his whole album/mixtape "Ur All Welcome" with the exception of 1 song. I felt we had some good product but needed visuals. In my search I noticed there wasn't a director doing videos that I liked. I mean ofcourse I like Hype Williams, Mr Boomtown, Picture Perfect and a couple other director's work but those names wasn't in the budget. The other local directors that I knew of at the time really didn't impress me. I mean no one was pushing to do something fresh. I wanted my vids to look like the movies so I said I'm going to buy a camera and the best lenses. Purchased a super computer (some would say) then I lock myself in my basement for about 7 months learning the ins and outs editing and sfx programs. After that "Love The Dough" video came about. We didn't know anything about cameras but we was very knowledgeable in SFx's so we just wanted to show we could blow some shit up.lol. But I became very obsessed with the camera and now I can't put it down. This is now about 1 year later... 
 
5. What Are Some Of Your Future Plans?
 To utilize my talent and network in helping artist get exposure threw high quality work. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...